SRY’s Corporate Finance team provides comprehensive general accounting and analytical services that are essential to the effective operations of the Company and to assist the Senior Team and managers to achieve the Company’s strategic objectives. The Finance team assists with maintaining a high level of integrity with financial reporting requirements to stakeholders and to meet regulatory requirements. In addition, the team contributes to the management and improvement of operations by measuring and reporting regularly on key performance indicators that are critical to both the financial and non-financial success of the Company.
The Amazing Opportunity
Reporting to the Director Corporate Finance, the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis evaluates strategic and organic growth opportunities from the following perspectives: financial modelling, risk exposure and management; project or operational execution; and general business issues arising from opportunities.
This role is also an integral component of the finance team responsible for budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis for SRY and two related entities. This includes the on-going development, maintenance and adherence to internal business processes.
Working collaboratively with all departments, this role provides an exceptional level of expertise throughout the organization with enterprise software. This includes the leadership, implementation, and internal support to stakeholders toward the deployment and utilization of Microsoft’s Share-Point, SAP’s Business Intelligence, and Microsoft’s Power BI.
Scope and Complexity
The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis has the primary accountability for delivering financial expertise and analysis. This position requires a skilled financial professional with demonstrated leadership and an extensive background in financial budgeting, reporting, modelling and analysis to provide guidance and support to the finance department and the Company.
The incumbent is expected to exercise discretion and due diligence when evaluating growth opportunities.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills with a sense of diplomacy when dealing with various internal customers. Also important is the ability to adapt to changing priorities, new procedures and embrace new technologies. This role must be able to function independently and exercise sound judgement and problem-solving skills. The incumbent must be able to analyze and interpret the requirements of the various business units and make appropriate decisions.
- Participate and support various process improvement initiatives within Finance and the Company
- Participate in collective bargaining processes through the provision of financial modeling and analysis
- Support other finance roles in the organization as/when required to meet deadlines
Provide supervision relief across the Corporate Finance team
- New Westminster, B.C.
Education / Certifications
- A CPA designation
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Minimum of five years related work experience. Preferably Industrial or Railway experience
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises and corporate taxation would be an asset
- Exceptional technical skills with Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint and Business Intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and external third parties
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to influence others to make impactful change accomplish goals and objectives
- Proven ability to adapt and prioritize with tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and presentation skills
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodologies would be an asset
- Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software would be an asset
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits. Further details can be discussed in a personal interview.
Next steps for your future career with SRY…
If you are interested in joining a dynamic fast-paced organization, please email your cover letter and resume quoting “Manager, FP&A” to email@example.com. The response deadline for this position is March 6, 2020. While we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.