Reporting to the Manager, Projecting Accounting, the Incumbent will work in a collaborative team environment while contributing to the efficient operation of our Finance department. The following primary responsibilities of the Project Accounting Clerk include but not limited to:
- Create project numbers in accounting and timecard systems based on request forms and estimates received;
- Monitor and ensure all project information is kept up to date;
- Review project costs, identify and investigate discrepancies, prepare and enter journal entries as necessary;
- Perform month-end project transfer and close processes;
- Update monthly project reconciliations and other reporting as required;
- Assist in budget variance analysis and regular budget reforecasting;
- Create and maintain cash flow forecasts for select projects;
- Prepare invoicing for projects and assist in the creation of miscellaneous invoicing as required;
- Assist the Manager, Banking, Credit & Payroll in the collection of outstanding project invoices;
- Create and dispose of fixed assets in the accounting system;
- Run monthly depreciation reports and ensure accurate entry into the accounting system;
- Enter inventory sign-outs as required;
- Assist with planning and execution of inventory counts;
- Conduct monthly inventory review and make inventory adjustments as required;
- Regularly collaborate with representatives from other departments as required to successfully complete all the above items;
- Support annual budgeting process and audits;
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures; and
- Perform related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Ideal Project Accounting Clerk will possess:
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Accounting Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution preferred;
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related field experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in a project-based setting is an asset;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, SAP Business Objects, or any comparable systems is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service; and
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo pre-employment medical and reference, credit & criminal record checks.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic fast-paced organization, please email your cover letter and resume quoting “SRY-Project Acctg Clerk” to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until the position is filled. While we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.