Reporting to the Director, Corporate Finance, we have a unique opportunity for an individual with competence in initiation, judgment, and exceptional problem-solving skills to be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and management of all buildings, properties, vehicles, and non-railway equipment for SRY. The Manager, Facilities & Equipment will plan, organize, direct, and control the facilities management functions, including but not limited to general construction/renovations, alterations, maintenance, and inspection activities. The position is also responsible for developing and maintaining preventative measures at our facilities related to fire prevention/protection, environmental impacts, and natural disasters.
Education / Certifications
- Minimum high school completion or GED equivalent;
- Bachelor of Science or Technical degree in Construction Operations, Property Management, and/or a trade certification would be an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years in a Facilities Management role as well as experience in a management or supervisory role;
- A well-rounded background in construction and/or property management;
- Knowledge of construction planning, mechanical or electrical systems necessary, building controls, fire systems, and security systems;
- Knowledge of building automation systems;
- Knowledge of procurement will be valuable;
- Experience with environmental requirements pertaining to facilities maintenance, renovations, construction and demolition. Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems and environmental risk assessments will be an asset;
- Strong relationship skills including the ability to deal tactfully with customers and respond to customer requests efficiently;
- Technically proficient in planning and scheduling and exhibit excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to lead coordination meetings and actively facilitate progress in order to achieve scheduled goals;
- Ability to work cooperatively with internal administration groups, and effectively contend with customers and contractors to reach mutually acceptable terms and conditions;
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Good negotiating skills.
A competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits can be discussed in a personal interview.
Next steps for your future career with SRY…
If you are interested in joining a dynamic fast-paced organization, please email your cover letter and resume quoting “SRY Mgr, Facilities & Equip” to firstname.lastname@example.org. This opportunity will remain open until the position is filled. While we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.