Status: SHORTLISTING & INTERVIEWING / Application process is now closed.
Reporting to the Manager, Banking, Credit and Payroll, the General / Payroll Administrator will work in a collaborative team environment while contributing to the efficient operation of our Finance department. The following primary responsibilities of the General & Payroll Administrator include but not limited to:
- Performing payroll process for unionized employees based on collective agreements and company policies;
- Auditing employee payroll entries and reports in payroll software for correctness and completeness;
- Overseeing payroll transactions including calculations, deductions and withholdings;
- Uploading data from payroll software to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and processing employee Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) and accounting reports on bi-weekly basis;
- Responding to payroll inquiries and concerns from employees and external agencies;
- Generating periodic payroll reports to management as requested.
- Preparing CRA/pension/union dues payment requisitions and backup for Accounts Payable (AP) Administrator;
- Providing relief and performing the duties of the Accounts Receivable (AR) Administrator and Payroll Administrator as required;
- Supporting collection efforts for customers with accounts receivable beyond terms;
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures;
- Being the liaison between AR, Payroll and Manager to fill in the gaps where required;
- Completing a variety of administrative duties such as answering the telephone, reply to routing inquiries or redirect calls as appropriate, maintain records, and date stamp all incoming invoices to the AP Administrator, scan & save PDF copies of cheques received, route incoming mail; deliver personal/confidential mail to the appropriate employee mail slot; scan incoming cash receipts and complete daily bank deposit; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal SRY General & Payroll Administrator will possess:
- A minimum high school graduation or GED equivalent;
- A valid Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification OR is a PCP Candidate working towards certification from the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA);
- A minimum two (2) to 4 years experience in payroll and accounts receivable/payable in an industrial environment or related field is required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- A clean & valid driver’s license;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers;
- Excellent computer proficiency in SAP/JD Edwards (or similar), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and inventory control software;
- Superb attention to detail, methodical and quick data entry skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service; and
- The ability to take initiative and work independently with minimum supervision.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and reference, credit & criminal record checks.
Applications are no longer being accepted.
While we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.