POSTING IS CLOSED, applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently reviewing resumes.
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Services, the primary responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative include but not limited to:
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness, from both an operational and support view;
- Building a strong trust-based relationship with customer based on-track record of win-win interactions;
- Forecasting, ordering, and distributing rail equipment in accordance with the railroad, car service, and car hire agreements;
- Initiating billing in accordance with railway tariffs and company procedures and;
- Other duties as assigned.
The Customer Excellence Extraordinaire will have:
- Minimum high school graduation or equivalent;
- Completion of a Business Administration diploma or degree from a post-secondary institution is an asset;
- Minimum of three (3) years of customer service experience in an industrial environment;
- The respect of new and existing customers and outstanding customer excellence skills;
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and strong communications skills;
- Active listening skills and the ability to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong business relationships and demonstrated capability of working effectively with cross-functional teams is essential;
- Strong demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills;
- The ability to maintain productivity under pressure and changing conditions;
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced company and;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong business acumen.
Additional Information – SRY operates 24/7:
- Incumbent must be available to work any day of the week as assigned;
- Incumbent is available to work any shift as assigned (e.g. mornings, afternoons, evenings and/or grave yards);
- Shifts may be determined by seniority and;
- Work schedules are provided well in advance and remains effective for approximately 6 month period.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference, pre-employment medical, criminal record checks.
If you enjoy providing exceptional customer service and is available to do shift work, we encourage you to join our dynamic fast-paced organization.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.