Reporting to the Manager, Customer Services, the primary responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative include but not limited to:
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness, from both an operational and support view;
- Building a strong trust-based relationship with customer based on-track record of win-win interactions;
- Forecasting, ordering, and distributing rail equipment in accordance with the railroad, car service, and car hire agreements;
- Initiating billing in accordance with railway tariffs and company procedures and;
- Other duties as assigned.
The Customer Excellence Extraordinaire will have:
- Minimum high school graduation or equivalent;
- Completion of a Business Administration diploma or degree from a post-secondary institution is an asset;
- Minimum of three (3) years of customer service experience in an industrial environment;
- The respect of new and existing customers and outstanding customer excellence skills;
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and strong communications skills;
- Active listening skills and the ability to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong business relationships and demonstrated capability of working effectively with cross-functional teams is essential;
- Strong demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills;
- The ability to maintain productivity under pressure and changing conditions;
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced company and;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong business acumen.
Additional Information – SRY operates 24/7:
- Incumbent must be available to work any day of the week as assigned;
- Incumbent is available to work any shift as assigned (e.g. mornings, afternoons, evenings and/or grave yards);
- Shifts may be determined by seniority and;
- Work schedules are provided well in advance and remains effective for approximately 6 month period.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference, pre-employment medical, criminal record checks.
If you enjoy providing exceptional customer service and is available to do shift work, we encourage you to join our dynamic fast-paced organization by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quoting “21-02 CSR”. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.