The SRY Operations Supervisor controls and coordinates the flow of rail traffic in a safe and efficient manner to meet the needs of our valued customers. Primary activities and responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Promote safety in the workplace and support the company’s Safety Management Plan;
- Lead and Coach others towards achieving daily/weekly/monthly and annual goals;
- Ensures that good Health and Safety practices are in place, understood and practiced by all employees;
- Perform pre-job briefing for each crew at their designated start time;
- Monitor and Proficiency Test crews for safety and rules compliance;
- Distribute and prioritize work to train crews;
- Coordinate rail traffic in the New Westminster and outlying areas;
- Build and promote positive relationships internally and externally;
- Execute service plans, ensuring customers are serviced within their scheduled service window;
- Report and document interchange information and;
- Other duties as assigned.
What YOU need to be a successful Operation Supervisor with us:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent General Education Diploma (GED);
- Previous experience and knowledge of railway operations;
- Engineer or conductor qualifications is preferred;
- Experience supervising a unionized workforce will be an asset;
- Proven track record in troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Demonstrated history and experience in safety compliance;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Proven ability to promote a team environment and leadership skill;
- Must be proficient in computer usage and MS Office package (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Results focused with the ability to support 24 x 7 operations (e.g. 12-hour shifts) and;
- A clean and valid driver’s license.
The successful Operations Supervisor is collaborative and team-oriented, able to motivate others to achieve set objectives and maintains positive interactions. Good leadership skills – manage, mentor, and coach is a must.
This is an exempt position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference & criminal record checks and pass a pre-employment physical and medical evaluation that includes drug screening.
Next steps for your future career with SRY…
If you are interested in joining a dynamic fast-paced organization, please email your cover letter and resume quoting “SRY-Ops Spvr 2010” to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12, 2020. While we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.