The Opportunity to work on the railway without being away from home:
The Locomotive Mechanic – Electrician is responsible for diagnostic tasks, inspecting, testing, and repair of locomotives. The incumbent will work on diesel-electric locomotives including all work on the electrical, mechanical and air systems. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoots and fixes electrical problems;
- Inspect, service and maintain locomotives, in accordance with provincial/federal and company regulations;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose diesel engine malfunctions and make required repairs;
- Prepare inspection, maintenance, and work reports, and record details on prescribed forms in accordance with established procedures;
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures;
- Work on locomotive air brake systems and;
- Other duties as assigned.
The Incumbent who loves working with trains must have:
- A minimum high school diploma completion or GED equivalent;
- A red seal electrical trades qualification (TQ) ticket or completion of Heavy-Duty Mechanic apprenticeship is considered an asset;
- A minimum five (5) years electrical experience on locomotives;
- Excellent knowledge of locomotive engines and air brakes;
- Strong electrical wiring and troubleshooting skills are required;
- An ability to work on all locomotive systems;
- A valid BC Class 5 driver’s license is required.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference and criminal record checks as well as complete a pre-employment physical medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, and drug screening.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.