Your Opportunity to work with trains…
Reporting to the Chief Mechanical Officer, the primary responsibilities of the Carman/woman includes but not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety and operations;
- Repairing and maintaining freight car equipment;
- Welding on cars and locomotives;
- Cutting metal, sandblasting, replacing doors and general car construction;
- Inspecting car components for compliance with Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Association of American Railroads (AAR) and SRY standards;
- Identifying or analyzing defective components and indicating the necessary corrective action
Are you the Amazing Carman/woman we are searching for?
As the successful incumbent, you will have:
- A minimum Grade 12 Diploma completion or GED equivalent;
- A Carman/woman certification from a railway industry;
- Previous welding experience gained through formal training and/or work experience;
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a railroad mechanical department position;
- Exceptional reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills);
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Ability to work independently with flexibility to handle different situations and manage stress;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills and;
- Passion to get the work done in an efficient and safe manner that meets organizational and customer standards.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference, pre-employment medical, and criminal record checks.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic fast-paced organization while providing a work/life balance, please email your cover letter and resume quoting “Carman/woman” to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until position is filled. While we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.