Status: ON HOLD
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operations, the job responsibilities of the Trainperson include but not limited to:
- Communicate via radio with crew members and workers in the office regarding rail transportation work to be performed;
- Observe hand and radio signals in the yard in accordance with railroad rules and regulations;
- Operate track switches as needed;
- Perform procedures required to couple/uncouple rail cars;
- Apply hand brakes on rail cars not in active use;
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions, and walk extended distances over uneven terrain and;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent GED.
- Hold a valid BC driver’s license.
- Have availability to work any shift, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.
- Adhere to safety procedures/guidelines at all times.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference and criminal checks as well as complete a pre-employment physical and medical evaluation that includes vision, hearing, and drug screening.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, fast-paced organization, please email your cover letter and resume quoting “Trainperson” to email@example.com. This posting is closed. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.