Status: CLOSED/ Shortlisting
Your opportunity to add value and contribute to SRY’s operation – Reporting to the Superintendent, Operations, your responsibilities as a Trainperson includes but not limited to:
- Communicate via radio with crew members and workers in the office regarding rail transportation work to be performed;
- Observe hand and radio signals in the yard in accordance with railroad rules and regulations;
- Operate track switches as needed;
- Perform procedures required to couple/uncouple rail cars;
- Apply hand brakes on rail cars not in active use;
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions, and walk extended distances over uneven terrain and;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful as a Trainperson with us:
- Possess minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent GED;
- Hold a valid BC driver’s license;
- Have availability to work any shift, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays and;
- Adhere to safety procedures/guidelines at all times.
This is a unionized position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference and criminal record checks and pass a pre-employment physical and medical evaluation that includes drug screening.
Thank you for your interest; this posting is now CLOSED for shortlisting.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
SRY is an Equal Opportunity Employer