Status: CLOSED - Not accepting further applications.
Reporting to the Assistant Superintendent, the Annacis Rail Marine Terminal (ARMT) Supervisor will be part of a team of Operations Supervisors yet works independently at our Annacis Terminal with the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Supervising rail crews, conducting job briefings with operating crews and monitoring rule compliance;
- Managing the safe operation of the various barges that are docked at the terminal as well as operating the ARMT ramp safely;
- Coordinating with Seaspan Marine and SRY Customer Service to develop barge schedules and loading plans in addition to collaborating and coordinating with SRY Operations Management to ensure that operational and customer demands are met;
- Conducting safety inspections of ARMT and keeping detailed records of the results.
- Ability to coordinate with contractors to complete required maintenance according to the maintenance plans at ARMT and the various barges that are docked there.
As the successful ARMT Supervisor, you will have the following experience and knowledge:
- Minimum high school graduation or GED equivalent;
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience in an unionized and industrial environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Strong knowledge of the railroad industry and transportation of dangerous goods (TDG);
- Must be comfortable working around or with large equipment and trains;
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives as they arise;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communicator with the ability to promote a positive team environment;
- Strong demonstrated attention to detail, problem-solving, analytical skills along with a mechanical aptitude and;
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, & Powerpoint).
- This position requires the ability to perform shift work as well as a dynamic work week and is exposed to the elements as part of the workday is conducted outside.
- Incumbent must hold a valid and clean driver’s license.
This is a Management position with a competitive salary and benefits package. All new hires will be required to undergo reference, pre-employment medical, criminal record checks inquiry.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic fast-paced organization, please email your cover letter and resume quoting “ARMT Spvr” to email@example.com by Sunday, December 1, 2019. While we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Southern Railway of British Columbia Limited (SRY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.